Tuesday, March 18

TBOTEFNM and More.

The first image above is what a properly functioning Mac should look like. The picture below it is what a malfunctioning Mac should look like. Unfortunately, no Mac should ever have to look like the latter of the two. Even more unfortunate is that the broken screen belongs to my roommate Nathan.

After about nine weeks of compliance, out of no where pops up a smudge that appears to be inside his MacBook's monitor. He cried, he wept, he begged for my help. Now being such the nice person that I am, I fully cooperate in trying to rescue this distressed college student and his aching laptop. It wasn't until he lashed out about how bad Macs were in general that I just laughed in his face about his computers poor display. Almost everyone I know has had some problem with an Apple product. Dead, red sound jacks, melting monitors, and my own past personal problem, crap batteries.  And we all know how those iPods work. Nothing a little warranty won't fix. But I digress, Apple creates well designed, aesthetically pleasing work machines that are just plain neat. Being a former PC enthusiast, I thought I would never see the day when I hear myself argue, "Macs are better." But aside from the annoying Mac commercials with the equally annoying fat office guy and Justin-I'm-a-trendy-indie-folk-rock-staged-20something-hipster-Long saying,

"Hey I'm a PC."
"And I'm a douchebag,"

Macs just are better for me and probably most consumers if they would only just try them out. And maybe afford them. However, this unfortunate event has caused my dear roommate to pronounce this to be The Beginning of the End for Nathan Mills. But I digress again. While writing this blog, someone who will remain anonymous, just finished peeing on a chair in the hall.

Guy One: "Dude, that's not where the bathroom is."
Guy One: "No, you can't pee on the chair."
Guy Two: Trickling sound
Guy One: "Oh my God, you are ridiculous." (disappointed)
Guy Two: Splashing sound (satisfyingly)



This has been a night full of milestones. Oh dorm life.

First time someone urinating in the hall!
First time ever saying, "But I digress" x2!

Acoustics: My roommate snoring

No comments: